January 10, 2006

Pilgrims of the Mind

When I sat down to write here after I settled back home, I realized I had no topic, so blindly reached into one of my nearby bookcases and pulled out a 1972 edition of an old spiritual classic: "Passages: A Guide for Pilgrims of the Mind" by Marianne S. Andersen and Louis M. Savary. I cracked the book, written at a time when many of us were "self-discovering" at Esalen or studying alternative religions and spiritual beliefs, and grinned from ear to ear. Lordy, lordy--I had underlined all over this book 34 years ago; Alan Watts, Paul Tillich, Teilhard de Chardin, A. H. Maslow, Sri Aurobindo, to name but a few. Obviously, I was enchanted with the concept of being a pilgrim of the mind--and I am still. There is nothing new under the sun. Fran aka Redondowriter December 03, 2005 08:45 PM in Spiritual Musings

No comments:

Post a Comment