Navajyoti Karyalaya Takes A New Step Greetings to all.
It was a little over half a century ago that a new era dawned in the long history of spiritual aspirations and endeavours of Utkal. That happened in the year 1958, with the launching of the Oriya quarterly journal Navajyoti by the Sri Aurobindo Ashram, at the initiative of the sage Ramakrishna Das and Prof. Kangali Charan Pati, well-known as Prapatti, and with the dedicated assistance from some devotees of the Master and the Mother in Orissa.
Before long there was a wide awakening in the State, men and women belonging to every part of it growing inspired by the concept of transformation and the great destiny of humanity as revealed by Sri Aurobindo. The Ashram opened a new department named the Navajyoti Karyalaya. As numerous Centres and Study Circles began to open up in the State, the need for a monthly journal was felt urgently and thus was published the Navaprakash. Some periodical newsletters too were brought out at different times. Along with the translations of the works of Sri Aurobindo, the Karyalaya started bringing out booklets explaining in simple terms the various aspects of the Yoga of Sri Aurobindo.
Publications (both magazines and books) of the earliest as well as the years that followed are rare today. Even though their copies are preserved, it is difficult to handle them for research or reference purposes because of their fragile condition. Once a copy from this collection is lost or damaged, its replacement or restoration will be well nigh impossible.
The importance of preserving these publications of archaeological significance for today and tomorrow can hardly be exaggerated. Hence the Navajyoti Karyalaya is launching this website on this auspicious day of the 15th of August 2012, in order to give those documents a new lease of life through the internet. The site will include other relevant items too, such as information regarding new publications and reviews. We expect that this venture will be of invaluable help to the numerous devotees, seekers and students as well as the wider readership of the works of Sri Aurobindo and the Mother.
Sri Ramakrushna Das: The Pioneer The eternal SANYASI..
Sri Ramakrishna Das fondly known as Babaji Maharaj who was a sanyasi at Ajodhya joined Sri Aurobindo Ashram, Pondicherry, on 2nd February 1945. Babaji Maharaj had aspired for the people of Orissa to open to The Mother’s and Sri Aurobindo’s Consciousness. Click to read his books. Copyright © 2012 Purnangayoga Parikrama. All Rights Reserved.