- 1. Unity members affirm the following statement of Truth at their Sunday service meetings: There is One Power and One Presence in the universe, God the Good, Omnipotent. Compare this statement with the opening line of Isa Upanishad: Isa Vasyam Idam Sarvam ---In the heart of everything, of whatever there is in the universe, dwells the Lord. Traditional Christianity posits a dual power: God and Satan. An Important Unity principle is that duality itself springs from God. Compare this statement of truth with another statement from the Upanishad: Brahman is Ekam Advityam, One without a Second.
- 2. The founder of the Unity Church, Charles Fillmore and many of his followers believe in the theory of reincarnation. This is the belief that the Soul returns to express itself in another life until it finally gains divine perfection. Traditional Christianity posits a single life span for man and woman.
- 3. Unity is non-sectarian. One does not have to give up one's religion in order to join Unity Church.
- 4. Unity does not preach that Jesus was the only Begotten Son of God. Jesus is regarded as a way-shower. He showed how men ought to live.
- 5. Prayer and meditation are an important part of Unity service meetings. For example, every Sunday service includes a 20-minute period of meditation.
Unity is one of the fastest growing churches in America. The story is told in The Unity Way by Marcus Bach (1982). SRI AUROBINDO ON THE FUTURE ROLE FOR INDIA / By Madan Lal Goel.- University of West FloridaPensacola, Fl 32514 (From http://uwf.edu/lgoel/pdf/sriaurobfutroleindiab.pdf)