June 27, 2006

Quantum tantrums by a non-conformist

What is contemporary physics trying to tell us about the nature of Nature?
Ulrich Mohrhoff Location:Pondicherry, India
I teach maths, physics, and quantum philosophy at the Sri Aurobindo International Centre of Education in Pondicherry, India. I received my education from the University of Göttingen, Germany, and the Indian Institute of Science in Bangalore, India. I am interested most in the ontological implications of contemporary physics, the relations between matter and consciousness (How can a material thing be conscious? How can there be consciousness of material things?), and the place of physics in the larger reality explored by Indian psychology and metaphysics (whose most modern and comprehensive exposition is due to Sri Aurobindo).
I have published numerous papers on these subjects and am in the process of writing a textbook of contemporary physics that will complement currently available texts by focusing on the ontological implications of the formalism and on why the formalism has the particular form that it has. View my complete profile posted by antimatters at 6/26/2006 02:38:00 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment