July 20, 2006

Integral Transformation

M Alan Kazlev Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
I'm an eccentric esotericist, futurist, armchair paleontologist, animal and nature lover, vegetarian, and geek. I follow the “Integral Yoga” of Sri Aurobindo and the Mother; for me spirituality has to be about transformation in this world, not a flight to an otherworldly nirvana, which solves none of the Earth's problems. This individual spiritual transformation has to extend out to the collective consciousness and the Earth as a whole (and ultimately beyond that to the Cosmos as a whole).
I am currently writing two books; Towards an Integral Metaphysic and Evolution, Metamorphosis, and Divinisiation. The books incorporate a number of different esoteric teachings (Sri Aurobindo and the Mother, Neoplatonism, Kashmir Shaivism, Taoist Yoga, Lurianic Kabbalah, Max Theon, Barbara Brennan, etc etc). View my complete profile Integral Transformation The transmutation of the individual, the transformation of the world, the divinisation of matter. Monday, July 17, 2006 What this Blog is about
I already have a blog at Zaadz, which has been going quite well, and indeed encouraged me about all these things, but thought I should also join and post on the wider blogosphere.I decided to call this blog Integral Transformation, because that is what it will be about, and what I am interested in. This will involve the mental, emotional, physical, spiritual, and divine, the individual and collective, the exoteric and esoteric, the secular and the sacred, the scientific and the occult, in fact all dichotomies, can and should be incorporated. In addition of course (although this is also part of the work of integral transformation) I'll also talk about general stuff, experiences with sadhana, what I'm doing at the moment writing-wise, and so on.
Also will add pertinant quotes and passages, mostly from Sri Aurobindo and the Mother, and commentaries on them.For an example of my recent work, see my essay (an Aurobindonian critque of Ken Wilber) on Frank Visser's Integral World - part one, part two (part three hasn't appeared yet). On my website, I am currently revising the Gurus and Spiritual Teachers section, which will deal with both true and fake gurus. I need to also find time for my revision of the Middle Permian on Palaeos.That's all for now; will post more later! posted by m alan kazlev at 4:38 PM 0 comments

No comments:

Post a Comment