- To supervise and administer the Project of History of Indian Science, Philosophy and Culture (PHISPC), which is fully funded by the Ministry of Human Resources Development.
- To plan and conduct the new sub-project called Consciousness, Science, Society and Value (CONSSAV), which has recently been approved by the Department of Education, Ministry of Human Resources Development.
- It is going to launch an interdisciplinary journal entitled Sandhan to be brought biannually.
- To jointly publish with Penguin India, A Dictionary of Indian Philosophy
- To organise monthly academic programmes in the forms of either symposia or talks by eminent scholars, spokesperson, bureaucrats, politicians, littérateurs, etc.
PROJECT OF HISTORY OF INDIAN SCIENCE, PHILOSOPHY, AND CULTURE (PHISPC)
There is a total plan of publishing 50 (fifty) volumes of books/anthologies. Out of these, 30 (thirty) will be major volumes (in parts) and 20 (twenty) will be smaller books called 'Monographs'. So far 7 (seven) major volumes and 11 (eleven) monographs have been brought out. In the financial year 2001-02, seven/eight major volumes and one monograph will be brought out.
CONSCIOUSNESS, SCIENCE, SOCIETY AND VALUE (CONSSAV)
Another project of the CSC is the project of Consciousness, Science, Society and Value (CONSSAV). This has been considered as a sub project of the on going project of PHISPC. In this project attempts will be made to explore the role of consciousness in its various levels of awareness, in understanding and expounding the development of science, society and values. Consciousness as has been conceived and theorized in different traditions, or rather civilizations, will be studied and explored in detail.